Together we will build a Gatsby.js based website from scratch, learning the core concepts and understanding how to tackle a website. This includes:
- How to source data from Headless APIs or static markdown files.
- Writing GraphQL Queries
- Image Compression Plugins
- Templating and Theming
- Layouts with React Components
- CSS with Styled Components
- Building & Deployment
- + more!
This workshop is a must for anyone looking to build modern websites all while sharpening their React skills. This includes you, WordPress devs!
- Beginner to Intermediate knowledge of React.js — State, components, context, props. You should have built at least 3 things with React.js before.
- Familiarity with package managers npm or yarn
What to bring:
- A laptop with the latest version of NodeJS installed.
- A text editor like VS Code
- A terminal
- A burning hunger to learn some neat stuff!